- Vasculitis Ireland Awareness support group to date, by Julie Power
- Vasculitis the basics, by Dr Dearbhla Kelly, Specialist Vasculitis Clinic, St James’ Hospital, Dublin
- ‘How we can help ourselves’, Self Help and Symptom Management groups available in NI, by Tricia Bowers Arthritis Care
- ‘How to get the most from our appointments and help ourselves’- Kieran Brogan, Patient Advocate, Peer Support Worker
- Pain Management, Patricia Mc Crystal, Chartered Counselling Psychologist- Specialist in Persistent Pain, Southern Health and Social Care Trust
- ‘Renal Patient View and the Importance of Registries’ Dr Damian Fogarty, Consultant Nephrologist Belfast Health and Social Care Trust with special interest in research.
- Dr Carolyn Harper, Executive Medical Director/ Director of Public Health – HSC- Public Health Agency, Informal Talk about Commissioning and then discussion about what would make the biggest difference for people in managing their condition.
In the months following this last talk, meetings were held to assess possibility of setting up a tertiary Vasculitis service that would avoid crisis management by having people experiencing difficulties referred by their Rheumatologist/Nephrologist/Immunologist to a specific team, who would recommend appropriate care and if necessary see the person. This service was agreed, along with plans to provide education re vasculitis to the healthcare professionals via an online system. However, due to staffing difficulties and delays in setting up the eReferral system, this is still not operational. Watch this space for updates.